George W. Carroll, M.D.
Practice Limited exclusively to treating
Sexual Dysfunction since 1992
Oldest and Most Respected
Men's Health Practice
Call for a Consultation
Maitland Office: 407-894-9959 | The Villages Office: 352-350-7411 | Medicare &Most Insurance Accepted
Premature ejaculation is one of the most common forms of male sexual dysfunction and has probably affected every man at some point in his life.
Premature ejaculation is defined as the inability to control ejaculation sufficiently for both partners to enjoy sexual interaction. An essential feature
of PE is the persistent or recurrent onset of orgasm and ejaculation with minimal stimulation before, on, or shortly after penetration and before the person wishes it.PE has not been associated with an organ system pathology and is viewed predominantly as a medical condition that effects quality of life. Men with PE consistently report significant emotional distress and an erosion of self esteem, as well as anxiety, embarrassment
• Approximately 25% to 30% of men experience premature ejaculation (PE) at some point in their lives.
• In 95% of men with PE, the cause is either "learned behavior" or "unknown". However in 5%, the cause may be due to a hormonal imbalance, diabetes, nerve disease, or the side effect of medications.
• Treatment for PE is likely to go better if you involve your partner.
• Oral medications are available that will help delay ejaculation for about 80% of men with PE.
• No definition of PE specifies that a certain number of minutes should normally elapse before ejaculation.
Fewer than 20% of men with PE seek help for it, despite it's detrimental effect on the quality of their lives. The most common barriers to seeking treatment are:
• Embarrassment and reluctance to admit this problem to a physician
• Misconception that PE is transient and psychological in origin
• Lack of knowledge regarding medication therapies
• Confusion regarding the difference between PE and ED
Treatments for PE
Treatments for PE fall into the following categories. Some men find that one method works for them, while others need a combination of treatments.
Creams and gels
Other sexual positions/techniques
Our office treats PE patients on a daily basis and offers the latest drug therapy options. There are a variety of medications that will delay the urge
to ejaculate. These oral medications are highly effective with very few side effects. Don't let fear or embarrassment keep you from enjoying this important part of your life…
There are a variety of medications that will delay the urge to ejaculate. These oral medications are highly effective with very few
"Orlando Sexual Medicine is the fourth such
facility I have visited since first seeking help nearly 10 years ago. At first it was difficult overcoming the embarrassment to speak openly. But, I had suffered with premature ejaculation and performance anxiety most of my adult life.
OSM changed everything! They have the latest research and technology on the subject. The treatments are convenient, painless, and not too expensive. My wife and I are very grateful to
Dr. Carroll for restoring my manhood. I feel and perform like a 25 year old again. I wish I had
found OSM sooner."
R.O, 59, systems analyst
"I had been widowed for five years and had recently met a woman that I very interested in,
but I had been impotent for the last two years of my marriage. My impotence became a very important issue for me and was holding me back in my new relationship. After seeking treatment from Dr. Carroll, I can happily report that I am now engaged and don't have any anxiety over my sexual performance. I feel like a young man again."
G.C. retired attorney, age 67